Lineshaft conveyors are typically used to move objects like boxes, cartons and totes in situations where powered movement is required. They are used very often in a manufacturing environment such as automotive tire mounting plants, distribution centres, and book publishing/distribution. The name of this type of conveyor is derived from the drive system which consists of a shaft running the full length. The rollers are driven by a large o-ring which sits in a groove on the roller and travels around a plastic spool mounted on the shaft. Progress Material Handling produces all lineshaft conveyors in house and because we custom make to your size requirements, you get exactly what you want, quickly and for a very competitive price.
- Quiet, smooth operation.
- Design flexibility - straight (drive and intermediate), 90, 60, 45 degree curves available in custom radius.
- Sized in length, BFR, and roller spacing to suit your needs.
- Made to order.
- No minimums.
- Easily add on to existing equipment.
- Quick turnaround, usually 2 weeks or less.
Lineshaft Conveyors come in a few main sizes and configurations. The first thing you need to know is the conveyor's Between Frame Rails (BFR) dimension. The second thing you need to know is the length of conveyor needed for your application. The weight capacity and carton size are also important in choosing the correct type of lineshaft conveyor. Because we custom make to your specifications, we can tailor the roller width and spacing to suit your needs.Lineshaft Conveyor Specs
- Rollers are 1.9".
- Frames are 11 gauge steel and can be painted or pre-galvanized, depending on your need.
- Curved sections can be rolled to a custom radius.